Introduction to the usage of Lineamenta and examples for database entries and scans
Lineamenta offers - beside textual information in all
database entries - also high resolution scans of the original drawings.
But unfortunately, because of the legal situation we are not able to
allow free access to these scans: We are working constantly with our
partners in the institutions who own the originals and therefore the
copyrights for their digital representations to convince them of the
advantages that a free access to the high resolution scans for
researchers would have also for themselves. But in many cases the
institutions are not even legally allowed to decide these questions on
their own. Therefore, we want to ask you to contact the institutions
yourselves and ask them for free or almost unrestricted access to these
parts of the database.
The following links show a few commented screenshots to give you a short overview of the basic functions of Lineamenta and its possibilities for scientific work with the entries as well as with the scans.
- Main database entry for a sheet from the Accademia di San Luca, Rome
- Working view of the same database entry for editing
- Show a certain drawing on the sheet's recto by "mouse-over"
- Database entry of the chosen detail drawing on the recto
- View of the detail drawing shown by the inter-active image server Digilib
- Marking a part of the image for zooming
- View of the selected part of the drawing in a zoom